Tuesday, February 08, 2011

lessons learned

Lesson #1: Never underestimate the difficulty of trying to photograph yourself in a "full-length" mirror made for a 10-year-old.

I finished my very first ever (ever, ever, ever) sewing project last night. I started a "learn to sew" class 4 weeks ago, and am quite pleased with the end result. Not necessarily the straightest of lines... but you know, in the grand scheme of things, I'm quite alright with that right now. Next up, I'm hoping to vastly improve upon my birthday number shirts for the kiddos (numbers sewn on--what a concept) and then who knows what.

Lesson #2: Never underestimate the kindness of family, friends, strangers.

There really aren't words to say what I'm going to try and say, but I have been so overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support my family and I have received over the past few days. Flowers, food, cards, phone calls, emails, hugs... all of it was totally unexpected and has been so, so comforting. Thank you to all of you who reached out.

7 comments:

John Kim said...

that's a great looking apron, congradulations

Christie said...

It looks fantastic! You should be proud. You totally rocked that class.

Abcdpdx said...

I never did photograph my apron, but it's soooo cute! I sewed several projects after that and then...stopped. summertime and pregnancy got in the way. still have material for a toddler apron and baby blanket, though.

Colleen said...

We love you, Amber.
The apron is pretty cute, too. You know what a fan of aprons I am!

Rachele said...

Maybe this is a good excuse for a wireless remote and tripod? Wish I could change my google name to "the Enabler." Great apron and great fabric too!

Amber said...

Funny, I have each of those things and never think about using them.

Marivan Oliveira said...

lindas fotos